A great recipe to use to include more fish in your families diet.
Alot of patients ask me for ideas on how to include fish into their diets. We should aim to have fish twice a week but I find most people are not managing to do this.
I received a lovely recipe book (Your best life) a few years back which was written by Dr Michael Mol and the founder of Kauai foods. It has some great recipes in it which I finally getting around to trying.
This last week one I made one of their fish recipes: Baked Fish Curry with coconut lime rice
It really was delicious and it wasn't spicy at all o the kids would enjoy it as well. It had alot of flavor which helps as many people tell me fish tastes too bland.
Here is the recipe with some of the amendments I made
600g hake fillets
for the sauce
30ml olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tsps crushed garlic
1 thumb size piece of ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp curry powder ( I used rajah milk ans flavoursome)
1 tbsp garam masala ( I ued the gorimas extra special onion and ginger masala)
2 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
juice of 2 limes
1 in coconut milk
1 tbsp honey
for the rice
2 cups brown basmati rice
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup shredded coconut
2 tbsp shredded coconut for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. To make the sauce, Heat a saucepan and add oil, chopped onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, masala, tomato paste, salt and pepper and cook until onions is translucent. Add the lime juice, coconut milk and honey. Simmer for 10 minutes
3. Prepare the rice according to the packet
4. Add your hake fillets to a roasting pan with the flesh side down and pour the curry sauce over. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
5. Once the rice is cooked, add the lime juice, coconut and coriander to the rice and mix together
6. Plate the fish and add shredded coconut on top and serve with coconut rice
I served my meal with steamed broccoli as well.
Let me know if you try it and how it turns out